Transforming the Douglas Union School

In 2006 the History Center purchased the 1886 Douglas Union School and its grounds. The building was transformed into a community and visitor center that features exhibition space, archives, offices, a meeting room, a garden pathway, and a boathouse.

Start Date

May 16, 2007

End Date

September 7, 2010

Drawing with an overhead view of the entrance to the restored building.