William Dutcher mansion
Photograph
B/W scan of a historical photo of two-story house with porches along the front facade. Photo appears in "Raising the Roof" 2nd ed., pg 11 with caption "William Dutcher House, 1855 (photo ca. 1898), 200 block of South Washington Street, Douglas. Near the Dutcher's mill (later the Douglas Basket Factory), this Greek Revival house (with the lower portion of the columns altered to meet later "Victorian" fashion served as a family home and boarding house. By the 1920s it was converted for use as a resort called "Oak Manor." Razed, 1983."

2024.04.124
Digital scan
Winthers, Sally
Digital data in CatalogIt
Dutcher, William Fuller 1800-1861
11/30/2024
11/30/2024